What are cookies?
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help section for how to do this). Disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this site and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site.
The cookies we set
- Email newsletters related cookies - This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies - When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or to request samples, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Third Party cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- From time to time we test new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring we understand which optimisations our users appreciate the most.
- As we sell products it's important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve advertising uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Vimeo and Google Maps, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully this has helped explain our usage and standard settings, but if there is anything you're unsure of whether you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it effects one of the features you use on our site. If you'd still like more information you can contact us by emailing email@example.com, calling +44 (0)203 700 3866 or by filling out the form on surfacematter.co.uk/contact.