Surface Matter work with some of the most exciting materials out there – from sheets made of recycled paper to panels that play with light. We bridge the gap between the creatives who push the boundaries of architecture and design and the joiners and makers who are so good at bringing materials to life. We are looking for someone with initiative and an interest in surface materials to drive and support sales of our surface materials end-to-end.
The materials we work with are incredibly versatile and can be used in everything from retail and office environments to kitchens or skate parks, which means you’ll work with people from a broad range of touchpoints and industries. As Sales Consultant, you’ll consult with clients from our materials studio in London Fields - working through projects, discussing design criteria and material suitability, offering samples, giving technical information and ultimately supplying the material. This is the perfect opportunity for someone who views sales as an opportunity to build relationships, promote great products without pushing them, and be involved in exciting specification-led projects throughout the UK and EMEA.
- Answering enquiries from visits, phone and email– offering information, samples and sales support
- Expertly managing and prioritising projects, opportunities, sales and related tasks within our CRM/ERP system, Odoo
- Processing international orders all the way from initial enquiry through to delivery and aftercare
- Presenting our company and core materials in our studio and at client meetings, design firms, tradeshows and events
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers and making useful connections if needed
- Reporting on your leads and enquiries, opportunity pipeline and sales
- Working closely with our suppliers to build on our relationship, understand their products and keep up to date with lead times and new developments
- Proactively troubleshoot issues by identifying opportunities, suggesting solutions and escalating if needed
- Discussing and strategising sales, opportunities, marketing, operations and special projects at weekly team meetings
- Staying in touch with materials, architecture and design news and events
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A tactful communicator, you’re good at digesting and relaying complex information to people from different cultures and industries
- You care about making the most of any situation and think about the long term
- Someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone, lead a presentation, or follow up on enquiries
- Self-motivated and super-organised, you’re keen to juggle multiple projects at once, setting and meeting timelines and goals
- Enthusiastic about materials, you crave to know how it’s made + what it can do
- Commercial sales experience within the architecture and design / construction industry a plus
If this sounds like the job for you, email your CV and a short note about why you’re a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.