Surface Matter work with some of the most exciting materials out there – from sheets made of recycled paper to panels that play with light. We bridge the gap between the creatives who push the boundaries of architecture and design and the joiners and makers who are so good at bringing materials to life. We are looking for someone who is driven and adaptable to help support sales of our surface materials from initial contact through to sales and aftercare.
The materials we work with are incredibly versatile and can be used in everything from retail and office spaces to kitchens or skate parks, so you’ll work with people from different touchpoints and industries. Working from our materials studio in London Fields, as project/sales assistant you will answer enquiries and support projects through sampling, sharing case studies, discussing design criteria and material suitability, and bringing in technical support where needed to ultimately supply the material and support our network of fabricators and makers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to promote innovative products with solution-based selling, hone their communication and presentation skills, build relationships and work with architects and designers on exciting design-led projects.
- Answering enquiries from visits, phone and email – offering information, samples and sales support on residential design projects as well as some skate parks and commercial specifications
- Managing leads, projects, opportunities, sales and related tasks within our Odoo CRM/ERP system
- Processing orders from initial enquiry through to sales, delivery and aftercare
- Presenting our company and core materials in our studio and at client meetings, design firms, tradeshows and events
- Developing relationships with new and existing customers and making useful connections where needed
- Reporting on leads and enquiries, opportunity pipeline and sales
- Working closely with the General Manager to build on our relationships with suppliers and key international accounts - keeping up to date with lead times and new developments
- Identifying opportunities, suggesting solutions and escalating if more support is needed
- Staying in touch with materials, architecture and design news and events
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A tactful communicator, you’re good at digesting and relaying complex information to people from different cultures and industries
- You care about making the most of any situation and think about the long term
- Someone who isn’t afraid to pick up the phone, set up a meeting or follow up on enquiries
- Organised and driven, you’re keen to take on multiple projects at once, setting and meeting your own timelines and goals
- Enthusiastic about materials, you crave to know how it’s made and what it can do
- Commercial sales experience within interiors or lifestyle retail, trade sales or furniture industries a plus
Full time permanent position in London Fields with a salary of £22,000 to £25,000 per annum depending on experience. If this sounds like the job for you, email your CV and a short note about why you'd make a great fit to email@example.com.