Support the Founders of our materials studio - get involved and make a big impact on our business strategy and success.
Surface Matter works with some of the most exciting materials out there to push the boundaries of architecture and design. Based in London Fields, our small but mighty materials agency partners with leading manufacturers to bring materials to market – connecting people who make materials with people who create with materials.
We have a great opportunity for someone to manage internal and external communications and provide administrative support for our Founders. A hugely varied and exciting role, this is the perfect position for someone who would like to bring their PA/Administrative skills to our innovative materials studio. We are a small team, so there is plenty of room to get involved and make a big impact on the strategy and success of our business.
- Providing service + support, creating a memorable experience for all of our clients
- Inbox management, answering, filtering and directing enquiries, often responding on behalf of the Managing Director
- Processing sales and purchase orders, managing invoices and organising international shipments
- Collating and editing reports, researching and compiling information and managing our databases
- Owning our CRM system – assessing priorities, assigning tasks and funnelling information through the right channels
- Managing projects, tracking and reporting opportunities, keeping everything prioritised and on task
- Navigating a variety of situations, expertly managing the hierarchy of demands on the MD’s time
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- A tactful communicator, who’s confident working with people across different cultures and industries to make the most of any situation
- An eye for detail, someone who loves efficiency, effectiveness and organisation
- Systems driven and highly analytical, you’re skilled at using CRM systems, Mac + PC and Office 365
- Not afraid to ask questions, you’re proactive and ready to pitch in whenever needed
- You want to understand and execute long term business strategies, but you can also quickly adapt and think on your feet
- You can say ‘No’ when it’s needed, and you have the emotional intelligence to deliver ‘No’ in the right way
- Self-motivated, you’re keen to juggle multiple projects at once, setting and meeting timelines and goals
- You have an appreciation for interiors, design, materials, making or manufacturing
- You’re excited to work in a fun, relaxed environment
- You have a solid background in administrative roles and would really like to develop your career as a PA / Executive Assistant in a creative industry
FULL TIME POSITION IN LONDON E8
£21,000 to £25,000, pension + bonus opportunities
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, quoting ‘Surface Matter News - Personal Assistant' in the subject line.